Saturday, February 11, 2012

Amsterdam

Amsterdam is one of those cities that I think a weekend trip suffices. I loved my trip to Amsterdam last weekend, but three days was enough. It is a very touristy city and I find it hard to define who the people are that actually live there. It's the only place in the month or so I've been traveling where I have seen Burger King, Subway, or KFC; and there was multiple of all of them. That being said it is a very beautiful city and I'm sure it would have been awesome to go down the canals except that they were all frozen. The high in the past week has been -3 degrees celsius (and even colder in Amsterdam), so maybe that cooled down (pun intended) my opinion.

















1 comment:

  1. That frozen canal photo with the houseboats is crazy...
    Did you guys stay in a hostel or hotel?

    ReplyDelete